Monday, May 16, 2011

Orlando & I-Drive

Just got back from a girls only weekend with a few friends.  I won't go in to detail, but I will mention a few things about my trip and a few places we enjoyed.


Being South Floridians (and not accustomed to cold weather) we chose to go to IceBar Orlando.  Basically, there are two main rooms one is a regular lounge/ bar the other is kept at 29 degrees and includes seats, walls, and a bar made of ice!


We agreed that only people who don't experience "winter" would enjoy this.  Northerners would say that it's a tad bit silly to make a bar that they could easily create in their backyard a few months out of the year!!

Thankfully they give you either a cape or a thick jacket.  I was one of the unfortunate ones who was given a cape, which basically did nothing to warm me up!!




Even the glasses were made from ice.  I thought it was a very interesting concept and fun to try!  There is an Ice bar on the Norwegian Epic Cruise ship, my husband and I plan to try it next march when we sail on that ship.

Two other places I want to recommend:

Mimi's Cafe.  This place had great breakfast food.  I am not a huge fan of breakfast foods, but I had an amazing Broccoli & Cheese Quiche for breakfast.  Everything on the menu had me salivating!  There are a couple in the Orlando area.  Even if you have to drive 15 minutes out of the way (as we did) it's totally worth it :)

Cafe Tu Tu Tango.  Yummy Tapas restaurant.  Everything on the menu looked amazing there as well.  Sopa de Leon was VERY spicy yet uber delicious!  Cuban Grilled Steak Skewers were very tasty as well.  Another place I highly recommend, it is located on I-Drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment