Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sunscreen

Being in South Florida, it is very important to protect your skin against the harmful rays of the sun.  Yes I have been known to lay out and catch a few rays here and there, but I don't make a weekly habit of it!

I was reading the local paper today and found a very interesting article.  Consumer Reports tested 22 Sun Screens.  The reports may be shocking to some, but I had a feeling this was the case.  ;)

I tend to select my sunscreen by the SPF and scent.  I hate the small of standard sunscreen.  Yuck!  I prefer the fruity, tropical scents :)  Unfortunately, those weren't those most effective ones.

No-Ad SPF 45 was the clear winner with 89 out of 100 points.  It was also the cheapest option at $.059 an ounce.  Turns out the not so nice smelling ones and the ones that tend to leave a stain on clothes do the best job.

No comments:

Post a Comment